Costway ice maker is another one of those little wonders that were designed with the intention to make our life better. However, in order to understand the value of this machine, you must know a little more about the brand. Costway is an innovative brand that’s been in business for quite some time and offers a wide variety of great products.
Accordingly, you can imagine that the Costway ice maker has a large responsibility to represent the legacy. However, how good of a representative is it and what makes it a great ice maker?
We’ll answer these questions and more in this detailed article on what could be the best ice maker on the market.
>>Check Out on Amazon<<
- Costway ice maker sports a portable and compact design
- Despite its tiny size, this machine can produce up to 26.5 lbs of ice per day with its 2.2-liters water reservoir
- It can store up to 1.5 pounds of ice
- It can produce small or medium sized bullet-shaped ice cubes in around 6-8 minutes
- It features an easy to use control panel
- It's designed to automatically shuts off when the ice basket is full
- It has a see through window for process monitoring & ice level checking
- It has various light indicators :
- Low water level in the reservoir indicator
- Add more water indicator
- Ice bucket full indicator
|Dimensions||10" x 14.0" x 13" (L x W x H)|
|Ice Storage Capacity||1.5 lbs|
|Weight Empty||17.5 lbs|
|Voltage / Frequency||115 V / 60 Hz|
|Operating Cycle||8 - 10 minutes|
|Ice Making Capacity Per Cycle||9 pieces|
|Ice Cube Size||Small & medium|
|Ice Making Rate||26.5 lbs / 24 h|
|Reservoir Capacity||0.58 gal (2.2 Liters)|
Measurement & Weight
Before you even consider the functionality aspects of this machine, you must determine whether it’s the right size for you and your situation. Accordingly, it doesn’t come as a surprise that the Costway ice maker stands at 10 x 14 x 13 inches which is almost a universal size for portable ice makers and one which makes this one highly compact.
Indeed, this machine is a little wonder that can fit nicely on any kitchen counter and any RV. Nonetheless, it is crucial that you leave enough room around the machine to breathe properly and consequently speed up the creation process.
Dimensions are a big deal since they will determine whether you can afford a machine like this spatially. However, that isn’t the only thing you should account for when buying an ice maker. Hence, the Costway at hand weighs 17.5 pounds in total, which is significantly lighter than most portable ice makers out there.
Knowing that this is the weight straight out of the box, this Costway ice maker will get significantly heavier once it begins making ice, which is why it’s important to transport it empty as long as you can.
Quality is definitely a big deal no matter the product but rigidity is not always essential. Undeniably, a tough crust has never been a bad thing. However, sometimes, it might be an overkill when we’re talking about a machine that is supposed to sit on your kitchen counter for life.
Accordingly, the Costway ice maker doesn’t pretend to be a panzer as it depends completely on ABS plastic as an outer coat because it is relatively rigid enough to handle any type of kitchen counter friction and extremely resistant to water.
Beyond the outer shell, you can tell a lot about the quality of components and build once you carry this machine around. Surprisingly, you’d expect to hear some clicking of a loose piece on a machine at this price range but Costway absolutely nailed this one.
Ice Making Ability
When you plan on buying an ice maker, your primary concern isn’t how good looking it is or how tough it could be but rather how much ice can it make.
In that concern, it is delightful to know that this little machine is capable of producing up to 26.5 pounds of ice cubes within 24 hours.
It is indeed an advantage for a machine to be capable to function 24 hours without a concern as it will come extremely handy for those of you who need a cooler filled with ice the night before you go on a big hunt / fishing trip.
On the other end of the spectrum, This Costway portable ice maker is not meant to professional. However, that doesn’t mean by any means that it cannot be used on a regular basis. Indeed, with its ability to snap a complete batch of ice within an average of 8 minutes, you are guaranteed to have a frosty drink whenever needed.
In that respect, it is important to know that the machine at hand comes with an ice basket that can carry only 1.5 pounds at a time. Hence, once the bucket is full, the machine will automatically come to a stop until the old ice melts to be recycled.
Whenever we talk about ice makers, we always dedicate a special segments to the features of each machine because they can truly improve your experience. So, how special is the Costway ice maker and what are the features that does it come with?
- Like most ice makers out there, the Costway also features a little window on the lid to make it possible for you to keep an eye on your ice and the ice making process. This see through window will allow you to determine that you reached the level of ice you need without having to open the ice maker and hinder the process.
- Further, the Costway also features an easy-open lid that can be lifted with one finger. However, it can get a little frustrating when your hands are wet and slippery, which is why the machine features little edges on each side of the lid to make opening it even more easier.
- Moreover, the Costway comes with little dedicated light signals to let you know when the machine is full of ice, when the water runs out, and the size of ice cubes it will be making. Also, the machine features two buttons; One to to turn it on / off, and another one to select the size of ice cubes you need.
- Unlike most ice makers, this Costway is actually far less noisy which is crucial for many. If you have ever heard an ice maker in the process of making ice cubes then you’d know exactly why it is such a big deal to be less noisy & that is something you can’t find on most ice makers.
Costway portable ice maker is one of the top-rated ice makers that you can buy for around $100. It’s very well-built and most importantly it’s reasonably priced.
So, whether you need ice to keep your favorite beverage fresh or for your outdoors cooler, Costway is definitely a highly recommended option & not by us only.
All in all, if you’re on a strict-budget, and looking for a budget-friendly ice maker that can produce up to 26.5 pounds of ice a daily, then this Costway ice maker is for you.
- This ice maker a a great value for the money
- It’s one of the most compact portable ice makers in the market
- It has an easy to use control panel
- It comes in a variety of colors
- It makes a decent amount of ice quickly (about 6 to 8 minutes)
- It produces small or medium sized bullet-shaped ice cubes
- It’s fairly quiet
- Its water reservoir is of great size, so you don’t have to refill very often
- It’ll automatically stop running when the ice tray is full
- It’s ready to use straight out of the box
- This ice maker is not intended for commercial use (It’s perfect for a group of 3 to 5 people).
- It only makes 9 ice cubes at a time.
- It is not meant to keep your ice cold. The ice will slowly melt back into the water storage bin to be recycled.
- It has no notification sound to signal when the ice tray is full.