Della Premium is perhaps the most prominent budget-friendly ice maker on the market since it managed to combine quality with affordability successfully.
Indeed, Della is one of the few brands out there that understood exactly what the customer needs and how much they’re willing to spend on a machine that makes ice.
Accordingly, Della Premium is an ice maker with many advantages but that does not necessarily mean that you will have the same experience as everyone else.
Hence, it is important to understand the variables and specs of this ice maker before you click that purchase button and that’s where this article plays a major role. So, here’s what you should know about Della Premium portable ice maker.
>>Check Out on Amazon<<
- This ice maker features a compact design
- It'll work anywhere there is an outlet available
- Its integrated storage bin is well-insulated
- Makes up to 26 lbs. of ice per day ( 2 Ice sizes)
- It can be connected directly to a water supply pipe line for direct water tapping
- Has a full ice basket indicator, add water indicator and an automatic overflow protection
- Has a removable ice bin
- It has a LCD display & Indicator lights
- Automatic shut off
- Convenient Side Drain
- Comes with a convenient ice scoop
|Dimensions||14-1/2"(L) x 9-3/4"(W) x 12-3/4"(H)|
|Ice Storage Capacity||3 lbs|
|Ice Shape||Bullet-shaped ice cubes|
|Watts / Voltage||230 watts / 115 Volts|
|Operating Cycle||6 minutes|
|Ice Making Capacity Per Cycle||9 pieces|
|Ice Making Rate||26 pounds per day|
|Reservoir Capacity||2.3 quarts|
Measurements & Weight
When we purchase an ice maker, we rarely think of its dimensions. However, it is rather important and even critical at some points to know exactly how big of an ice maker your kitchen or RV can afford.
Accordingly, the Della Premium stands at an average size of 14 x 9 x 12 inches, listing it amongst the smaller portable ice makers on the market.
Hence, this machine has the ability to fit within any environment no matter how crowded, taking into consideration that it requires at least 1 foot of free space around its radius for the fan to breathe freely.
Further, the Della Premium is a viable option for camp lovers and anglers who need ice to keep their drinks fresh or their cooler frosty.
At around 20 pounds in total weight straight out of the box, the Della is considered to be a light weight in the real of ice makers.
Indeed, this machine is so far the lightest ice maker we have ever reviewed and that will definitely make it a lot easier to move around.
While the average person will be able to easily transport this machine from their kitchen towards the pool, a camper would appreciate it even more because why stand and get ice every time it melts while the ice can be sitting right next to you and the bonfire.
Some would argue that quality is where this Della portable ice maker is lacking. However, that might only be the case if we are comparing it to an ice maker that costs 5-10 times as much. Thus, once observed on a neutral basis, the Della doesn’t seem like a cheap ice maker by any means.
In fact, once taken out of the box, the first thing you feel is the sturdy stainless steel coat that gives this machine a premium look and will eventually protect it quite efficiently.
Also, while the plastic lid might look less premium, it certainly doesn’t feel bad at all as it is resilient and well-put together. On the inside, the ice maker sticks to plastic as a main theme to reduce the rusting and corrosion build up with the exception of the copper teeth that freeze the water.
Nonetheless, the biggest giveaway of quality for the Della has got to be the build since it is something you cannot observe visually but only once you pick it up. Indeed, when lifted, you can directly feel how robust all the components are and how well they are put together.
Ice Making Ability
When it comes to ice making, you shouldn’t expect any less than the best from this machine since that is its selling point.
Indeed, the Della Premium is advertised as an ice making beast that is capable of creating up to 26 pounds of ice a day which is actually true for once.
In order to attain that level of efficiency, the brand had to invest into a smart cooling technique that entails flattening the copper tubes, except for the teeth, in order to freeze the coolant faster.
In retrospect, the Della Premium is also capable of producing an ice cycle within 10 minutes from unboxing it. However, after the first batch, the machine maintains the cool temperature to produce more ice far quicker than the first time.
Accordingly, as long as you keep the 1.8 liters reservoir full, the machine can keep pushing out ice till the basket is full.
Once that happens, the ice maker will stop creating ice automatically until some of it melts to be recycled before it picks up where it left.
Just like any other machine, the best communication route for Della Premium is its features because they can facilitate the interaction and actually be quite helpful at some points. Hence, the Della exhibits the following features to make your experience better:
- Beside the cute little window that will allow you to keep your eyes on the ice creation process and the quantity of ice produced, this ice maker also features a soft extension on the right side of the lid to make opening it up less frustrating. Also, the fact that the lid opens to a horizontal access point will reduce the loss of ice because even if it fell out of the scoop, it will drop directly back into the machine.
- Further, this ice maker might be unique but it still maintains the most practical features found on most ice makers out there. Hence, the Della features a full ice basket indicator, add water indicator, and automatic overflow protection.
- Also, to make the cleaning process even easier, the Della features a non-clicking on/off button that will respond to a simple tap instead. Hence, you don’t have to worry about dirty getting through the cracks nor ice melting through and harming the electric circuit.
Della Premium is definitely not the best ice maker on the market but it is pretty darn close as it exhibits impressive ice making abilities, a robust mold and a consistent effort to keep your drinks, coolers and alcohol fresh and frosty.
Also, if you’re wondering whether you can do better than this within the same price range then the answer would be a simple big NO.
- This ice maker is very well-built. It’s a great value for the money.
- It comes in a variety of colors.
- It’s easy to use.
- It runs quiet. It’s about as quiet as a regular desktop computer. The only real noise you can hear is the falling ice cubes into the catch tray at the end of each batch.
- It makes ice pretty quickly (about 6 to 8 minutes).
- This ice maker is not intended for commercial use.
- The ice produced by this ice maker will melt relatively quickly if left in the tray. So, you have to move it to a freezer if you intend to keep it longer. Otherwise, It’ll melt into the reservoir for re-use.
- It has no notification sound to signal when the ice tray is full.