From an ice chest Pioneer to an ice maker Ambassador, Iglooo has truly revolutionized the world of ice and that was not easy. Truly, in order to master different markets simultaneously, the brand had to branch out and grow bigger by the second which explains the Igloo ICE103.
Igloo did not struggle to clear a spot in the ice makers market thanks to an ice maker that goes by the code name ICE103. Indeed, this ice maker has become one of the best-sellers in the market for a number of reasons but mainly because of the name Igloo.
Accordingly, reputation played a major role in the success of the Igloo ICE103. However, that is not why people kept buying it.
>>Check Out on Amazon<<
- This ice maker features a compact design
- It allows you to chose from 3 ice sizes (small medium or large ice)
- Electronic control panel and LED indicators
- It has an over-sized Ice bucket holds 2.2 lbs
- Stores up to 2.2 lbs of ice at a time
|Dimensions||14" L x 12" W x 15" H|
|Ice Storage Capacity||2.2 lbs|
|Weight Empty||28 lbs|
|Ice cube options||3 (Small, Medium and Large)|
|Ice Making Rate||26 lbs per day/around 1 lb per hour|
|Reservoir Capacity||2.5 quarts|
Dimensions & Weight
In order to break down this ice maker, we should take a deconstructive approach, starting right at the outer shell.
Hence, the ICE103 is considered a compact portable ice maker as it comes at 14″ L x 12″ W x 15″ H.
Therefore, this Igloo makes a great portable ice maker that can be used pretty much anywhere else especially since it can easily fit inside any type of vehicle.
On the other end of the spectrum, this ice maker is considered rather heavy. In fact, it’s almost unbelievable that this Igloo weighs around 28 pounds right out of the box and that calls for some planning.
Hence, while this might be a great cooler for an RV camper or a pool party lover, it surely becomes a liability for anyone else and that should be kept in mind.
When it comes to quality, Igloo has established a firm reputation around its ability to create durable products. Hence, the durability of the Igloo ICE103 is out of the question. However, there is a lot to say about the build materials.
Accordingly, the majority of the ice maker’s body is coated in light stainless steel to give you that shiny look without adding to the weight. Nonetheless, the ice maker at hand features a rather less appealing plastic hood that will scratch up easily (might break if dropped).
On the inside, with the exception of the cooling copper pipes, you’ll find a lot of quality plastic as well with everything taped down to stay in place during the shipping process (remove all tape before turning the machine on). Thus, you are handed the advantage of a worry-free experience since plastic will never rust.
Ice Making Ability
It is undeniable that the Igloo ICE103 is a beast at performance and the numbers completely back that up. Indeed, this ice maker is capable of producing up to 26 pounds of ice per day if you kept supplying it with water. Hence, you can definitely run a pool party on this thing without a single worry.
Nonetheless, this machine comes with a rather average basket for ice, which can handle up to a couple pounds before the ice starts melting to be recycled.
In terms of pace, you’d be stunned to learn that this ice maker can produce a batch of 8 ice bullets every 6 minutes. Compared to a traditional fridge ice maker, the Igloo at hand is easily superior because you’ll never run out of ice before another batch is ready to go. In retrospect, the duration of icing will slightly extend if you desire bigger ice cubes. Nevertheless, compared to the average ice production time of 10 minutes, the ICE103 is still a step ahead.
Ps: For all you campers, hunters or anglers out there who’d like to buy this ice maker, keep in mind that the machine requires 120 volts to function because that could be a deal breaker for some.
There is a lot more to say about the Igloo ICE103 but it is time we prioritize features.
Ice maker features are highly dependable since they are often the place where most people make up their mind about a product. Hence, the Igloo at hand comes with the following specs:
- The ICE103 exhibits a simple digital panel for controls that anyone can operate. Indeed, the panel comes with two buttons and a few light signals. The buttons are used to turn on/off the machine & to select the desired sized of ice cubes (small, medium and large), whereas the lights can indicate a couple more things.
- Indeed, the ice maker at hand features a much needed “add water” & “full ice” light signals alongside the standard lights that indicate the chosen size and whether the machine is on or off.
- In terms of storage capacity, the machine at hand can handle up to 1 gallon of water and 2.2 ice cubes before it begins to signal that it’s full. Hence, you are pretty much guaranteed to get you fair share of ice without the need to refill every two hours.
- One extra nifty feature on this cooler is that you don’t have to turn it off when you stop needing ice because it can recycle it simultaneously and that will save you a lot of time and effort in the long run.
- As expected, this Igloo also comes with a draining plug to help you rinse the remaining water easily every-time instead of flipping it over and risking damaging it.
The Igloo ICE103 is definitely a worthy ice maker because it can cater for your requirements regardless of your needs, your environment or the number of people using it. However, you must do your best to protect this machine from avoidable bumps and crashes to extend its life span.
- The ICE103 is a cheap portable ice maker
- It can can produce up to 26 lbs of ice per day
- It comes with an over-sized Ice bucket holds 2.2 lbs of ice
- It can deliver a batch of ice in as little as 6 minutes
- It makes ice cubes in 3 different sizes
- It looks fairly nice with with the brushed stainless steel housing
- It has a decent size water reservoir
- It produces ice quickly and fills the bin quickly as well
- This ice maker is not intended for commercial use.
- The ice bin on this ice maker feels a bit flimsy
- This machine is not that durable. It has a short life expectancy