Vremi is not the most familiar brand in the industry of ice makers as it is relatively a new born. However, this baby has been plowing through 5 star reviews left and right since the new Vremi Countertop ice maker was introduced to the market. Indeed, sometimes it takes one product to completely alter the trajectory of a brand and that is where this ice maker plays the biggest role.
Hence, the Vremi ice maker is a highly efficient machine with the properties and specs of premium ice makers. Nonetheless, it is still different in many ways and it is those variables that will help you make up your mind on this little machine. So, what can you expect from the Vremi Countertop Ice Maker?
>>Check Out on Amazon<<
- This ice maker produces smooth bullet-shaped ice cubes
- Auto shut off when ice is full
- Warning lights when water needs to be refilled
- Easy to fill and drain water quickly
- Simple-to-use control panel
- Comes with small ice scoop and removable ice basket
- Certifications: WaterSense, ETL, FDA Certified
|Dimensions||9.5" x 12" x 13.5"|
|Ice Basket Capacity||1.5 lbs|
|Weight Empty||23.6 lbs|
|Power||120W / 115V|
|Ice Making||26 lbs of ice in 24 hours|
|Ice time||Ready in 8 to 10 minutes|
|Reservoir Capacity||2.2 Liters|
Measurement & Weight
Before we dig into functionality aspects, let us first define the size and the dimensions of this ice maker and how that can affect your entire experience.
Accordingly, the Vremi measures 9.5 x 12 x 13.5 inches, making it one of the most compact ice makers we’ve ever reviewed. Indeed, this thing is significantly smaller than its competition, allowing it to fit anywhere no matter how crowded it could be. In fact, not only will it fit on a tiny countertop, but it can also make a great camping companion.
Compared to something like the Opal nugget ice maker by Firstbuild, this ice machine is significantly lighter. Indeed, the Vremi comes at a total of 23 pounds right out of the box, meaning it could be carried individually without any risk.
Also, at this weight & no water connection, you will learn that this ice maker is perfect for pool parties, basement bars, family reunions and pretty much any event that requires cold fresh ice.
Quality is definitely not the selling point for Vremi as it won’t be able to match a $1,000 – $2,000. However, considering the significantly lighter price tag, this machine is actually pretty impressive.
Indeed, the Vremi did not take the build quality of this device lightly and that is something you can learn simply by carrying the ice maker around. Hence, the Vremi feels solid, robust and firm but that isn’t everything that makes it a reliable ice maker.
In fact, the Vremi also features a quality stainless steel coat that will protect its internal components within pretty much any environment. Hence, beside the vent opening, this ice maker is relatively an impenetrable fortress.
Nonetheless, the machine at hand still features a plastic top, which is more vulnerable and can be scratched up if not treated with care.
Ice Making Ability
We learned to never judge a machine by how it looks but rather by how well it does what it’s supposed to do and this ice maker is a great example why.
Indeed, looking at the price tag, you start to doubt this Vremi ice maker but once you learn that it is capable of producing up to 26 pounds of clear ice per day, your presumptions begin to plunge.
Accordingly, this machine features a smart installation that allows the coolant to be thinner inside the tubes, raising its cooling capacity to the maximum.
Accordingly, you can expect this machine to produce 9 large ice bullets within 10 minutes.
These bullets are created equally clear and resilient to heat, making them great for beverages on hot days as well as your regular shakes.
Also, it is important to note that the machine will not keep producing ice beyond the 1.5 pounds ice bucket capacity. In fact, even with a full 2.2-liter reservoir, the Vremi will go on hold until the provided ice melts down through the pours to be recycled before it is active again. Hence, you do not have to worry about overloading nor ice going to waste because it never does.
Anyone can appreciate a good ice maker but features are truly the only human connection we have with these machines. Hence, practicality features are defining on so many levels and that is something that Vremi is completely aware of. Hence, the ice maker at hand comes with the following features.
- It is almost tradition now that ice makers feature access doors on the front facing panel of the machine. However, that is not necessarily the smartest idea. Yes, obviously it looks cool to be able to see the ice being pushed down in front of you but scooping it up on a vertical surface is not really helpful. Hence why, the Vremi features its ice door on the top, to enable you to access ice easily without the risk of dropping your ice cubes on the floor but rather back inside the machine.
- Further, this little machine exhibits a neat set of warning lights to keep you updated on the activity of the ice making process. Accordingly, the Vremi features three separate lights to let you know when there is lack of water, when the ice bucket is full and when the ice ready.
- The machine at hand also features a number of tiny practicality features that will make your overall experience far less tedious. For example, the Vremi exhibits a flat yet clicky on/off button, an opening under the lid to enable you to slip your fingers and open the door easily as well as a clear plastic window to allow you to check on your ice easily.
- Finally, like most respectable brands, Vremi features a set of grippy little feet to keep the ice maker high above the countertop surface away from water at all times. Also, the feet will give the machine a better grip, fixing it in one place even when accessed.
The Vremi ice maker is a reliable machine that will create a bunch of large, crystal clear ice cubes for you within minutes. Hence, if you know that you will take care of it at the safety of your home then you’ll definitely have a life time ice maker.
However, if you’re someone who will need to move this machine around a lot to different locations and environments then you might end up needing a replacement sooner than you’d expect.
- This is a budget-friendly portable countertop ice maker
- It runs at a mellow and efficient 120 watts with a quiet cooling function
- It’s ETL and FDA certified
- It comes with a 1.5 lb removable ice bucket and a plastic scoop
- It has a modern stainless steel finish which makes it attractive
- It’ll fit perfectly on any bar, kitchen counter, or tabletop
- It’s fast!! Makes ice in less than 10 minutes
- The machine is super simple to use
- It runs quite
- It has a clear window, which makes it easy to see when you have ice
- This ice maker requires 24 hours to settle its coolant before use
- It has no pause button
- Being on the small size, this ice maker can be a bit challenging to clean